Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday weekend with a side of traffic safety
With Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Small Business Saturday just around the corner, we’ll be seeing more people walk, bike and drive in the Village and throughout Carlsbad. Here is an important update from the City of Carlsbad.
We all have an important role in traffic safety. Whether you’re driving to share a meal, biking to the Village for holiday shopping or walking to one of our scenic beaches, remember to take extra care and share the road.
• Slow down and allow extra time to get where you need to go
• Eliminate distractions. Phones, music, kids, pets – there are so many things that vie for our attention every day
• It’s getting dark out earlier. Wear bright clothing and reflective gear when you’re walking or biking at night, and make sure your family’s bikes have working front and rear lights
• Talk to your family about the rules of the road, including rules for pedestrians and bicyclists and Carlsbad-specific e-bike rules
• Stay alert for people backing out of driveways, pulling out of parking spots and people walking and biking
• If you’re planning a road trip, make sure your vehicle is ready to go. Check your tire pressure and swap out wiper blades if they are brittle
In this season of giving thanks, please be kind and patient. We are all part of the Carlsbad community, and working together, we can make sure our streets are safe for everyone.
Explore the Safer Streets Together web page for traffic safety tips, rules and information, classes, resources and data.
If you are interested in partnering with the city to encourage our community to bike, walk and drive safely, or if you have a question about the city’s traffic safety efforts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.