One Hour Of Your Time Can Save Three Lives
The U.S. is experiencing a “national blood crisis” during what the American Red Cross says is the worst blood shortage in over a decade.
In a joint statement with America’s Blood Centers and the Association for the Advancement of Blood and Biotherapies, the Red Cross warns that the nation’s blood supply is at one of its lowest levels in recent years.
“In recent weeks, blood centers across the country have reported less than a one-day’s supply of blood of certain critical blood types — a dangerously low level,” the statement reads. “If the nation’s blood supply does not stabilize soon, life-saving blood may not be available for some patients when it is needed.”
Donate Life Saving Blood and Shop For Your Valentine. Save A Life and Show Your Love!
The Carlsbad Village Association is sponsoring its fifth annual Heart of the Village Blood Drive On Saturday on February 12th from 10am-3pm. This year’s blood drive will be hosted by Barrio Glassworks located at 3060 Roosevelt St, Carlsbad, CA 92008 in the heart of Carlsbad Village, Carlsbad, CA.
Donating blood is easy. In less than an hour, you can save up to three lives. This is a great opportunity to make a difference in your community. By donating life saving blood you can help:
- People who go through disasters or emergencies
- People who lose blood during major surgeries
- People who have lost blood because of a gastrointestinal bleed
- Women who have severe complications during pregnancy or childbirth
- People with cancer or severe anemia sometimes caused by thalassemia or sickle cell disease
Advanced appointments are highly recommended:
Heart of the Village Blood Drive Appointments
New for 2022!
During the blood drive the CVA, in partnership with Barrio Glassworks, will be hosting a Valentine’s Day Pop-Up shopping experience. Before or after your donation, enjoy shopping at one of our onsite vendor booths. Save a life and show your love all in one convenient location. Artisan vendors will include:
- Handmade greeting cards by local artist Monica Martin
- Homemade chocolate gift boxes by Susie's Sweet Fudge
- Spa gift sets and glass blown vases by Barrio Glassworks
- Build-your-own flower arrangements
- On site gift wrapping
The need for donating blood is constant and this year supply at our national blood banks are dangerously low. Donating blood is safe and easy. By attending the Village Blood Drive you will be saving lives and helping the local community.
For more information visit Heart of the Village Blood Drive or email: email@example.com