The 20th Anniversary of Art in the Village (Sunday, August 12th) is a very special event for the Carlsbad Village Association. We are proud to be continuing its legacy of celebrating local and regional art right here in downtown Carlsbad Village. This year, thanks to the help of the City of Carlsbad Cultural Arts Department and Mission Federal Credit Union, CVA has been able to add additional programming to the event to make it even better!
Mission Federal Credit Union is located at 710 Carlsbad Village Drive. MFCU generously sponsored Taste of Carlsbad Village 2017 and are a returning sponsor for Taste of Carlsbad Village 2018 to be held October 11th. This year they also joined us for Art in the Village and we are truly grateful for their support of Carlsbad Village and our business community.
Mission Federal Credit Union
As a credit union, Mission Fed is a financial cooperative that was created not for profit, but for service, as an alternative to for-profit banks. Mission Fed stays true to the credit union difference by helping customers reach their goals, which they refer to as Mission Fed Moments, through ethical business practices, community support and competitive rates on loans, savings accounts and other financial services.
Now the largest locally based financial institution exclusively serving San Diego County, Mission Fed has a proud history. The credit union was chartered in May 1961 as Public Schools Federal Credit Union and became Mission Federal Credit Union in 1978 to better reflect its charter, which was expanded in 2003 to include all those who live, work or go to school in San Diego County. Mission Fed has grown to more than $3.5 billion in assets, 232,000 customers and 30 local branches, including one right here in Carlsbad.
Throughout its history, Mission Fed has given back to the local community. Everyone – from employees at administrative offices to those at 30 branches, plus their families and friends – has a role to play, and it’s a role they take to heart. Their ongoing drive to make San Diego not just America’s Finest City, but “America’s Kindest Region” focuses on a variety of targeted efforts, including:
- Art Appreciation: In addition to Art in the Village in Carlsbad, Mission Fed sponsors the San Diego Museum Council’s Kids Free in October, where over 20,000 children have opportunities to experience 43 local art, cultural and science museums.
- Teacher Support: Mission Fed’s MAX Out My Class recognizes the dedication and passion that teachers devote to their students, awarding a $200 gift card to a deserving classroom each week during the school year.
- Financial Literacy: Mission Fed JA Finance Park teaches participating students money management skills.
- Youth Leadership: Recently, Mission Fed received the highest award the San Diego-Imperial Girl Scout Council can bestow on a company, the Community Partner Award, recognizing that Mission Fed’s support helps provide innovative, engaging and affordable leadership development programs and financial literacy patch programs for over 23,000 girls.
- Environmental Conservation: Mission Fed’s longtime sponsorship of the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park’s Kids Free in October has provided over 162,885 children ages 11 and under with a fun day to learn about animal care and conservation science.
Mission Fed’s strong focus on giving back through time, treasure and talent to the communities where its customers live and work has resulted in Mission Fed winning multiple honors, including the San Diego Philanthropic Corporation of the Year Award from the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the 2015 and 2017 BBB Torch Award for Ethics from the Better Business Bureau serving the Pacific Southwest, and the Partners in Educational Excellence Awards from the Association of California School Administrators. As Mission Fed’s story continues, the credit union looks forward to creating even more positive change in the lives of its members, its employees and the communities it serves.
Mentioned in this Post