The Carlsbad Village Association (CVA) coordinates everything from the weekly Farmers' Market that will turn 28 this year, to Art in the Village that is in its 24th year, to over a dozen other vibrant events and community programs. CVA has also worked closely with the City of Carlsbad on issues that directly affect the downtown businesses and residents. And during the Covid pandemic, CVA worked side by side with the City of Carlsbad, the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce, and Visit Carlsbad to help businesses not only survive, but recover and thrive again.
The Carlsbad Village Association is a self-funded non-profit organization overseen by an all-volunteer Board of Directors. It's main goal is to support the businesses in downtown Carlsbad.
Some things you should know about CVA are below. CVA has . . .
- 35,000 combined followers on Instagram and Facebook
- Nearly 6,000 subscribers who receive its weekly eNewsletter that contains roughly 250 blogs per year on the Village
- Attracted over 100,000 people annually to the Village through its weekly Farmers’ Market
- Helped businesses obtain over $200,000 in grants in 2020 as part of its Covid recovery efforts
- Supported downtown restaurants with over $5,000 in gift cards purchased during 2021
- Written over 40 articles in 2021 alone promoting Carlsbad Village and downtown businesses
- Built a Volunteer Ambassador program with nearly 40 volunteers
- Held its first Job Fair which resulted in numerous businesses finding new employees
- Created its first Job Board to help address the continuing staffing shortage for downtown businesses
Mark your calendar to join us on Thursday, March 10th at the Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort (3075 Carlsbad Blvd.) to learn more about its history and how membership and volunteerism can help the business climate in the Village and help further CVA's mission to make Carlsbad Village a premier destination in North San Diego County. Over complimentary refreshments and light snacks, you can also learn about upcoming CVA events, event sponsorship opportunities, volunteer openings, current city issues, and much more.
As the event gets closer, we will post a schedule of activations during the Open House to help you plan the best time to join us. Business owners, managers, and staff are encouraged to attend, as are Village and Carlsbad residents who want to support the downtown. CVA staff and board members will be on hand and look forward to meeting you!